Summer is here — the season of steaks, burgers and BBQ!
Let’s face it – grilled foods and backyard BBQ fare is not always the healthiest, or the most nutrient-packed—we’re looking at you, hotdogs!
For those who want to eat light and still get complete nutrition, an easy homemade veggie burger with using Nutrilite™ All Plant Protein Powder is a great choice.
This delicious Chipotle Veggie Burger recipe gets its kick of flavor from natural ingredients like peppers and garlic. Plus, with a juicy tomato on top, it’s a meal that offers healthful phytonutrients from every color family!
Nutrilite Chipotle Veggie Burger
Serving size: 1 burger (6 ounces)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup black beans
- ¾ cup cooked brown rice
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- ½ cup portobello mushrooms, diced, sautéed
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels
- ¼ cup Nutrilite All Plant Protein Powder
- 1 ⁄3 cup queso fresca OR crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Inactive time: 20 minutes
Total time: 37 minutes
- Sauté the diced mushrooms and onion in olive oil until soft, about 4 minutes, then cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Place patties in freezer for about 20 minutes to set up.
- Cook patties to 165 degrees in a nonstick pan or on the grill. Serve with your favorite bun and toppings.
NOTE: Peppers may be decreased or increased to taste.
Exchanges: 2 carb, 1 protein (plant-based), 1 fat
- Substitute flaxseed for egg
- Substitute soy or rice cheese for queso fresca/feta cheese
To learn more about Nutrilite All Plant Protein Powder, click on the links below. And for more great recipes, check out other blogs at Amway Connections.
To learn more about Amway, its brands and its products,
click on the website where you live:
Some products may not be available in Canada or the Dominican Republic or may be sold under a different name.