Do you like to dress up as something scary for Halloween or do you prefer something glamorous? Maybe something that mixes the two, like a “glampire”?
Phoenix-area makeup artist Maria Micsunecu has just what you need. Amway Connections provided her with a variety of variety of Artistry™ makeup and challenged her to create three easy-to-replicate looks for Halloween.
She chose Cleopatra, a mermaid and a vampire. See how to copy the Cleopatra look here. If mermaids are more your thing, click here. But if you want a touch of ghoul and gore with your glamour, keep reading and watch the video to see how to transform yourself into a “glampire.”
Learn makeup techniques
Step-by-step instructions are under the video. Just remember to make adjustments for your own skin tone.
And if none of these looks are for you, use Maria’s techniques to create an entirely new look. As she showed us, a little eyeliner, highlighter and lipstick can go a long way!
- Blend in Artistry Youth Xtend™ Lifting Smoothing Foundation in Chablis and set with Artistry Exact Fit™ Perfecting Loose Powder in light. (Choose a foundation lighter than your color for a cold, vampire look!)
- Apply Artistry Signature Color™ Longwearing Eye Pencil in black over full eyelid in almond shape, then under the eye in a thick line, two-thirds of the way in. Use the other side of the pencil to blend the edges into a soft smoky eye.
- Apply a line of red under the eye using the crayon side of Artistry Studio™ Limited Edition 2-in-1 Lip Stick NYC edition in Big Apple Red. Blend the black and red lines under the eye.
- Add skeletal contouring with Artistry Exact Fit™ Perfecting Concealer in deep/very deep. Blend well.
- Continue contouring by brushing shade three on at an angle from Artistry Studio™ On-the-Go Face & Eye Palette NYC edition in Liberty Light.
- Apply Artistry Studio™ Lash Boosting 3-in-1 Mascara NYC edition in Gotham Black to lashes.
- Apply Artistry Signature Color™ Lipstick in Daring Red to lips and gloss it up with Artistry Signature Color™ Light Up Lip Gloss in Real Red.
- Fill in brows with Artistry™ Automatic EyeBrow Pencil in soft black.
- Optional: Consider using the Artistry Studio™ Limited Edition 2-in-1 Lip Stick NYC edition in Big Apple Red to add a few blood drops down your chin for an extra ghoulish effect!
Want to learn more about Artistry and the products mentioned here? Visit the websites for Amway US and Amway Canada.