You have your lip basics down. But to take your look to the next level, you need some advanced tips from the experts. Define, plump or lift them. Whatever you prefer, this guide gives you the tools and steps to create your favorite, enhanced lip look.
Choose your look
From a cool and casual spring party to a chic night out on the town, you’ll turn heads with any of these luscious lip designs:
Classic defined lip — the elegant and timeless look
- Line lips with Artistry™ Automatic LipLiner Pencil. Start by outlining the side-by-side arched curves in the center top lip (the Cupid’s bow) and the center of the lower lip. Complete the line by starting at the outer corner of the upper lip and etch inwards toward the Cupid’s Bow. Repeat on the bottom lip.
- Use a lip brush (or your ring finger) to blend and soften the pencil inward and onto the lip itself.
- Apply lip color: start at the outer corner of the lip and work toward the center.
Get full lips
To get fuller-looking lips, every time, reverse the usual order of application.
- Apply Artistry™ Lip Gloss to your lips
- Follow with a coordinating lipstick
- Applying the lipstick over the gloss creates an added illusion of fullness
Thin Lips Trick
For even more full effects — without injections? Begin with liner.
- Choose a shade of Artistry Automatic LipLiner Pencil close to your own lip shade or a little lighter. (avoid darker shades of LipLiner and Lipstick as they will make lips look thinner and smaller.)
- Line the entire lip, just outside the natural lip line.
- Then follow the “Get Full Lips” steps: apply gloss, followed by lipstick.
Turn Up a Downturned Lip
Create a more lifted look with liner placement and light, bright shades.
- Use Artistry Automatic LipLiner Pencil to line lips; emphasize the Cupid’s Bow and the center of the lower lip line. Avoid following the natural droop of the mouth; stop lining before reaching the corners of the mouth.
- Fill in lips with a bright shade of Artistry Signature Color Lipstick or Artistry Signature Color Sheer Lipstick. Bright shades help draw attention to the center of the mouth.
Stunning lips start here
Look and feel your best with beautiful lips that show off your natural elegance. Discover forward beauty to help you define and create your favorite lip look:
Artistry Automatic LipLiner Pencil >
Artistry Lip Gloss – Full Coverage >