It’s time for your regular brow-minder!
In the midst of all of your beauty rituals, you must never forget to concentrate on one of the most distinct, defining parts of your face – your eyebrows.
Here are some reminders, tips and tricks to make sure your brows look their best, every single day!
- Soften the skin under your brows before tweezing them. You can do this by dabbing with a cotton ball soaked in warm water or your favorite eye cream.
- Don’t try to change the overall look and shape of your natural brows. If you adjust the place where your brows peak, you risk causing your brows to no longer fit your face and look off. Instead, only fill in holes and define the shape.
- Don’t ever use just the pointed tip of your pencil to fill in brows. Instead, use brush-like strokes and fill in softly.
- Always tweeze in the direction the hair grows. Always! This will prevent breakage and ingrown hairs and irritation.
- Don’t go too dark; it won’t be flattering. If you’re a brunette, your brows should be one shade lighter; if you’re a blond, they should be one shade darker.
- If you have long brow hairs, trim them. Every month or so, your eyebrows by brushing hairs up and snipping the ones that extend beyond the natural shape.
- The average lifespan of an eyebrow is four months, meaning the time it takes for each hair to fall out and new growth to fill in. Keep this in mind before you over-pluck!
One last thing!
Are your brows unruly and you don’t have a brow tamer? Apply hairspray to an old toothbrush, and then brush brows upward and outward.