As cooler weather approaches, a sweet, home-baked treat can help take the chill off all your fall adventures.
This healthy muffin recipe is sure to be a hit with the entire family. And they’ll never guess it packs a nutritious punch, thanks to Nutrilite™ All Plant Protein Powder and healthy whole foods.
So go ahead: Serve up our delicious Banana-Cranberry Pecan Muffins for a light breakfast, a dessert for a special occasion or even a warm snack at a bonfire or hayride.
Banana-cranberry pecan muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin (5 ounces)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Nutrilite All Plant Protein Powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 ⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon salt
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line or spray a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mash together the bananas with the eggs and oil.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix, and stir until incorporated.
- Add in the nuts and dried cranberries.
- Scoop batter into 10 muffin cups and bake 20–25 minutes, or until muffins spring back from touch.
Exchanges: 1 carb, 2½ fruit, 1 protein (plant based), 2 fat
Substitute 1 tablespoon milled flaxseed for 1 egg
Recipe: 1 tablespoon milled flaxseed to 2–3 tablespoons of water
Simmer for 5 minutes until egg-like consistency. Cool. Add to recipe as substitute for egg
Get this key ingredient!
To learn more about Nutrilite All Plant Protein Powder, click on the links below. And for more great recipes, check out other blogs at Amway Connections.
To learn more about Amway, its brands and its products,
click on the website where you live:
Some products may not be available in Canada or the Dominican Republic or may be sold under a different name.