Old Hollywood glamour gets new life with a modern take on this retro look. Channel your inner bombshell in a few simple steps – the thicker your hair, the better.
ARTISTRY™ Global Makeup Artist and SATINIQUE™ Expert Hair Stylist
Get the Look
- Care for hair with any SATINIQUE™ shampoo and conditioner.
- Towel-dry hair until damp.
- Apply Styling Cream with fingertips. Be generous – use a quarter size amount for shoulder-length hair, as this product is perfect for defining curls.
- Spray (lightly for fine hair) with Dual Defend Spray.
- Blow-dry hair upside down on medium heat with the round vent brush.
- Lightly spray dry hair with Final Step Finishing Spray.
- Curl hair in 1- to 1.5-inch sections at a time – larger sections will not curl well. Point the smaller end of the curling iron downward and wrap hair around the cone starting at the corded end and ending at the pointed end. Wait two to five seconds for each section to curl.
- Separate hair with fingers – do not brush.
- Finish with more Final Step Finishing Spray.
What You Need
- Care: Any SATINIQUE™ shampoo and conditioner
- Style: SATINIQUE™ Styling Cream, Dual Defend Spray, Final Step Finishing Spray
- Cone-shaped curling iron
- Round vent brush
Tips and Tricks
For messy curls: Do not wrap the last inch of hair around the cone-shaped curling iron.
For fine hair: Use Extra Volume Shampoo and Conditioner (only on ends) and blow-dry hair upside down.
For added drama: Back-comb hair at the roots of the crown.